1. Unlimited Academic License: Subscriptions for classroom use of all 3,000 law cartoons is $149 for one year or $299 for three years. Permitted uses include any typical class-related use such as in-class lectures, on a syllabus, or in course materials (print, email, and web).
2. Non-Academic Subscription: We are happy to create custom subscriptions or bulk packages based on the type and volume of anticipated use. Write us at [email protected] or call 619-297-4001, 9-5 Pacific Time.
3. Per-Cartoon Pricing: Pick the most appropriate category from the list below. If nothing quite applies or you have questions, email [email protected] or call (619) 297-4001, 9-5 Pacific Time.Presentation: One-time use, $50
Same as above, but a higher circulation.
Cover Use for any of the above Print uses: Inquire at [email protected]
Advertising: Inquire at [email protected]
Merchandising: Inquire at [email protected]
Endorsement: Inquire at [email protected]
Student Use, $10
This license covers print and electronic use by students for class presentations, papers, and school intranets (such as for clubs). The license does not include any use that reaches beyond your school, such as publication of your article or use on a public website. The license does not include use in leaflets or school elections, which would be Print: Low Circulation.
Teacher Class Use, $25
This license covers unlimited print and electronic uses of the cartoon by a teacher for six months. Permitted uses include any typical class-related use such as in class lectures, on a syllabus, or in course materials (print, email, and web).
Law school librarians, government library librarians and legal aid organizations may use up to twenty cartoons per calendar year on their blogs and web pages (but not elsewhere) for free under two key conditions: (1) they send me a one time email with their name and blog or internet address and (2) they include with each post or use a hyperlink to www.stus.com or a relevant sub-page of their choice. More license details will follow in the confirmation email.
- Prices and terms may change without notice.
- We reserve the right to reject any offer.
- All licenses are non-exclusive and non-transferable.
- All licenses are prospective only. Your license may not relate back before the date of purchase without our specific written agreement.
- Cartoons may be revised at any time, so if you re-download at a later date there may be some changes to the image or words.
- You may re-size cartoons as necessary, but may not edit or delete anything.
- You may not create a derivative work of the cartoon. This means, under copyright law, that you won't take the copyrightable elements of the cartoon and create another work therefrom.
- You will not make any claim to the copyright, trademark, or other property rights of Maddy Dodson and Stu Rees.
- You warrant that you will not use the cartoons in a manner that violates another person's personal right or property right. For example, you will not use the cartoon in a context that could be construed to libel someone. You agree to indemnify Maddy Dodson and Stu Rees in the event that they are sued for your use of the cartoon (but, of course, not if the cartoon itself violates another's rights).
- You agree to respond accurately and timely in the event that we contact you regarding the use you are making of the cartoon. For example, if we see your use of the cartoons on the Internet, you agree to verify that you obtained a proper license.